Do I have to report the gift/transaction in my US tax?

If you make any transaction over $10,000, you must report it to the Internal Revenue System (IRS)whether you are making a single transaction or a combination of transactions. Fill the Form 3520, which is just an informational form.

Trying to evade the IRS by consistently making a series of transactions less than $10,000 “structurally” can be considered “felony”.

Note: The information presented here is generic and may not be accurate. Please consult your CPA, tax expert or tax attorney for specific tax advice and inquiries.Visit IRS Website for US tax information.

Most Viewed Q&A

Related Articles

Go Mobile

Get the Best Exchange Rates, Important Remittance Information and
Special Promotion Alerts on the go! Download Our Mobile App on your Smartphone or Smartwatch.

google play apple app store

Get Listed or Advertise

Download Our Free App

Try our faster, enhanced mobile app for a better experience

CompareRemit App