Founded in 2014, InstaReM (short for Instant Remittance) is a Singapore-headquartered Fintech company providing fast, secure and cost-efficient digital cross-border money transfer services for individuals and businesses.
The company is currently licensed in Singapore, Australia, Hong Kong, Canada, Malaysia, India, European Union/United Kingdom and the United States. With InstaReM, businesses and individuals in these markets are able to reach out to 3.21 billion people in over 55+ countries worldwide.
In January 2015, InstaReM raised an initial US$500,000 in seed capital from Rocket Internet. In March 2016, InstaReM successfully raised a US$5 million Series A round led by Vertex Ventures, with participation from Fullerton Financial Holdings and Global Founders Capital.
In July 2017, InstaReM received another US$13 million investment of Series B funding, led by GSR Ventures, with participation from SBI-FMO Emerging Asia Financial Sector Fund, Vertex Ventures, Fullerton Financial Holdings and Global Founders Capital.
InstaReM is a disruptor to traditional remittance firms. Here’s why:
- Transparency: InstaReM’s transaction charges are shown before you make the remittance, unlike banks or traditional remittance firms which charge an FX spread (the difference between the inter-bank currency conversion rate and the rate quoted by the bank or money transfer company) in addition to the transaction fee.
- Comparative transaction charges: InstaReM offers transparent Zero-Margin FX rates. It offers mid-market rates sourced directly from Reuters and does not add any margins on FX at all, unlike most banks and money transfer services. The company just charges a nominal fee (between 0.25-1%) to cover the costs of processing the transactions. InstaReM ranks as the most cost-effective money transfer service in a number of corridors originating from Asia-Pacific in the World Bank’s Remittance Price Worldwide database.
- Speed of transaction: InstaReM is able to transfer funds typically within 24 hours in Asia, compared to the average two to four days transfer by banks.
- Wide reach: InstaReM can send funds to over 3.21 billion people in their local bank accounts across the globe. Businesses and individuals from Australia, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, India, EU and the US are able to remit money to 55+ countries worldwide.
- Bulk payments: Corporations/SMEs use InstaReM's MassPay platform to manage and control their high-volume remittances to multiple beneficiaries in multiple currencies via a seamless process.
- Reaching over 3.21 billion people across 55+ countries
- Partner network of 8000+ banks globally
- Growing team of 150 employees across eight global offices